The headquarters of the BPS business group is conceived as a building with almost zero energy consumption (nZEB), and the concept of health in workspaces is also relevant in this work. To do this, the passive strategies and the following active systems have been considereds:
– Use of ecological materials of low environmental impact (cork insulation, waterproofing with EPDM, BTCs or compressed earth block, etc.)
– Facades and vegetation cover as evolving elements that provide energy (insulation), acoustic, environmental and psychological comfort benefits for workers.
– Ventilation system with heat enthalpic recuperators.
– Recycling of gray water and recovery of rainwater for the irrigation of plant elements.
– Biomass heat boiler as a heating system